Discover Digital Rock
Digital Rock encompasses a multi-disciplinary approach involving advanced microscopy and physics combined with geology, geochemistry, petrophysics, and petroleum engineering to understand the pore-scale microstructure of reservoir rock. It is used to help E&P operators reduce exploration and production risk while informing decision-making to improve recovery.
Whether you need help designing your own digital rock laboratory or you want our team to help you image, model and understand a specific reservoir challenge, FEI has the technology and expertise to help.
Digital rock technology, analysis, and modeling is used to:
- Understand depositional environments and diagenetic processes.
- Optimize drilling, completions, and production strategies.
- Improve reservoir recovery estimates (OIP and TOC) to aid better downstream decision-making.
- Define petrophysical measurements for routine core analysis (RCA) and special core analysis (SCAL) for more accurate determination of EUR.
- Reduce risk and provide a better insight based on multi-scenario and sensitivity analysis that cannot be acquired through traditional lab testing