RAPID Overview and Benefits
FEI's new Remote Access Program for Interactive Diagnostics (RAPID)is a progressive service program designed to enhance responsiveness and reduce system downtime. By enrolling your FEI system in the RAPID program, you can benefit by allowing FEI's global network of service specialists to:
- Solve problems remotely, often without requiring a service visit
- Remotely diagnose system issues and order parts prior to an on-site service visit
- Engage factory experts for instant 2nd and 3rd line support to your local field service engineer
- Enhance operator effectiveness through real-time observation
How it Works
RAPID employs an encrypted VPN that is used to communicate to the FEI Secure Portal, where you and your FEI support team meet virtually to resolve system issues. To initiate a RAPID session, you simply contact your FEI support team and open the connection from your system. A Remote Service Engineer (RSE) will then meet you virtually. As the system owner, you initiate and control all RAPID sessions. With RAPID, you can:
- Show the FEI RSE your system issues in real-time to enhance diagnosis and speed resolution
- Obtain access to FEI's global network of system support experts
- Use the "my engineers" feature to enable and disable FEI support team access
- View all RAPID activity though the "event log"
- Manage downloads with the "my downloads" feature
RAPID employs multiple layers in its security infrastructure to proactively address IT security concerns. To explore the RAPID Network Configuration, Security Infrastructure and IT Implementation, please consult the RAPID IT White Paper [PDF 396KB]. It is highly recommended that you provide this document to your IT department when registering for the RAPID program. Your IT department may also forward any network configuration or additional questions to email@example.com.
The RAPID program is available in most countries on nearly all of FEI's current and newly released systems. To check on the eligibility of your system, please see the Instrument Support List .
While FEI's recent platforms are designed to support the RAPID program, there are several older existing systems that can also be supported, and more are continually being assessed for inclusion in the program. Some of these systems may require the addition of an inexpensive support PC. Please consult the Instrument Support List for the most up-to-date information regarding remote support of your legacy FEI systems.
To enable remote support, customers must provide:
- A high speed internet connection (>5MB is recommended)
- A signed RAPID Amendment to their existing system sales or service agreement. In most countries, customers can complete an online registration to begin using RAPID.