Casey Bennett was a learning inspiration for FEI Company. Casey devoted much of his own time in assisting the higher education community. During his FEI tenure, he loved the back-and-forth discussions that create learning. He loved to teach others how to get things done, and how to think outside the box in solving problems. His zest for problem solving and coaching made him a mentor to many employees. Casey passed away in February 2004.
As an ongoing tribute to Mr. Bennett, FEI has established the Casey Bennett Scholarship Program, in 2004, to assist high school seniors who plan careers in the fields of Physical Sciences or Materials Sciences, and to memorialize the learning orientation of Casey Bennett, VP of Engineering for FEI Company.
Casey Bennett FEI Scholarship
In 2013, FEI will award one $2,000 scholarship to a Hillsboro School District student.
- High school senior who is planning to pursue a career in Physical Sciences or Materials Sciences
- 3.5 GPA or above
- Other considerations: Financial need
Each applicant must submit:
- Casey Bennett FEI Scholarship Application form
- High school transcript
- A brief essay (approximately ½-1 page) explaining why he/she should receive this award and an explanation of the student’s education/career "roadmap"
- Applications are to be submitted by e-mail no later than Friday,May 17, 2013. Attach the completed application, your brief essay, and a copy of your High School transcript.
Responsibility for awarding the Scholarships:
- The FEI Review Committee will make the final decision(s), and retains all responsibility to make such decisions as it determines to be appropriate
- We anticipate that each school district will make recommendations to FEI
- FEI and the Review Committee retain the right to modify or change any and all aspects of this program, at any time, as determined appropriate